Join our hands-on practical sushi making class with Sushi Made Simple cookbook author, Atsuko! Firstly you will make the proper sushi rice, then making your own sushi and sashimi!
Workshop 01 / Sat 7 Sep / 11:00 / Chiswick
Join our hands-on practical sushi making class with Sushi Made Simple cookbook author, Atsuko! Firstly, you will learn how to make classic premium white sushi rice, then make your own rolled sushi with your favourite fillings such as salmon sashimi with avocado, spicy tuna with avocado or watercress with beef steak and wasabi! There is a plenty of creative styles of rolls you can learn in this session. One more fun for you would be making an egg omelette roll with using a square frying pan! We provide fine quality Japanese products and sashimi quality fish as always.
Atsuko’s signed brand-new cookbook “Sushi Made Simple” will be available to purchase in this class.
- Classic white sushi rice (using premium “koshihikari” rice from Japan)
- Knife skills – how to slice fish fillets for nigiri sushi and maki sushi.
- Hoso maki (classic rolled sushi with favourite fillings using a bamboo mat)
- Ura maki (inside-out rolled sushi with spicy raw tuna and avocado)
- Te maki (corn-shaped sushi roll with favourite fillings such as raw salmon with avocado)
- Sushi Tamago (sushi egg omelette roll using a square frying pan)
Also you will lean how to source the fish fillet for your sushi and the hints of making some rolls suitable for your sushi party!
*There will be alternatives for vegans or vegetarians. Please let us know your dietary requirements in advance.
We start the class with an introduction on the different varieties of sushi, followed by the cooking session and then the eating of your delicious cooking labour! The class will take 3 hours.